Since some of you haven’t been in to pick up your Paleo Challenge packets yet, here are the details of the challenge itself so you can plan ahead and take advantage of some valuable bonus points. Be sure to ask Coach SqWatts for the Paleo Packet if you don’t have it yet – it’s chock full of all kinds of helpful information, including the point values for what you track in your journal.
- Challenge runs from Monday January 27 through Friday February 28
- $20 buy in, due by this Saturday, cash only
- Benchmark WODs at the beginning and end of challenge. First Benchmark WOD will be this Wednesday. If you can’t make it to the gym this Wednesday, contact Coach SqWatts for a make-up day.
- Before and After photos and measurements will be taken in the gym in your regular gym clothes. Get in touch with Coach SqWatts before this Saturday to get the photos taken.
- It is HIGHLY recommended to take before pictures at home in your skivvies. You don’t have to bring these photos in to us but if you make big changes, you’ll be glad to have these before pictures.
- You must keep a journal for the month. Keep track of what you eat, what you drink, how much you sleep, exercise and how you are feeling. Journals will be checked each week. (extra 10 points added to your final total if you keep a food journal of what you’re currently eating during the week of January 20-26 – to earn the 10 points, you must track what you eat for all 7 days – the good, the bad and the ugly)
- Keep track of your daily points earned in your journal and report your scores to Coach SqWatts at the end of each week.
- Prizes at the end!
- Whoever earned the most points throughout the month
- Whoever improved the most in the Benchmark WOD
- Biggest before/after photo change (voted by members)
- Most workouts completed in the month
Now that you know the rules, here’s a little bit of general Paleo advice to get you in the right mindset.