Now that I’ve finally got most of the technology issues under a modicum of control, it’s time to finally announce our next member for the Member Spotlight: Dorrey Worth! All the more appropriate, since tomorrow we’re starting the Whole Life Challenge and she’s currently the reigning champion. Dorrey’s been making great strides here with some major improvements both in exercise and outlook. It’s going to be great to see where she takes things from here!
- Your Name
- Where did you grow up?
- When did you become a member at CrossFit Zenith and what made you join?
I became a member in the middle of August…I wasn’t feeling good about myself and needed a change. It was time I started to take care of me.
- What do you do when you are not at CrossFit Zenith? (occupation, hobbies, etc.)
I spend a lot of time with my dog Charlie. We take lots of walks in the woods. I also spend time with my horse Patch who really needs a new name. The rest of my time is spent trying to be a good aunt to my niece and nephews. This makes me feel like I am writing a personal ad.
- How did you find out about CrossFit?
My sister had done it and looked and felt amazing so I tried a couple of different ones but never felt like I fit in until I found Crossfit Zenith.
- What is your favorite moment at CrossFit Zenith?
I think it was doing the monkey bars. There were a few people around and everyone was encouraging me to finish. I was so excited when I did it that my hands were shaking. I talked about it for a week. People had thought I lost my mind.
- What is your favorite workout and least favorite workout?
I don’t have a favorite workout but I love doing anything with the weights except the split jerk because I feel like a badass when I get a PR. As for a least favorite workout besides anything that involves burpees or running is one that I am doing alone. I need someone else there to push myself harder…no offense to Brian.
- Program your perfect WOD
I give Brian a lot of credit when it comes to this because I have no idea….something involving back squats…jumping rope..abmat situps and pull ups.
- What is one thing you have done at CrossFit Zenith that you never thought you would do?
Sign up for a 200 mile relay..seriously who wants to run that much…a real push up …as of today I can do 4…and of course the monkey bars.
- What motivates you during a workout?
Having other people there reminding me that I can get through it and that I’m better and stronger than I think I am. Good music helps too.
- What is something about yourself that we might not know?
I don’t have any hidden talents and I am pretty much an open book so this question is hard. Maybe something ridiculous like my ultimate dream in life was to be a back up singer…ya I can’t sing at all.
- What advice would you give to someone just getting started with CrossFit?
Take a before picture.
Keep a record of your work outs.
Force yourself to go on the days you don’t want to.
Don’t be a WOD picker..I’m still working on that one.
- You’ve just dropped a 45 lb bumper on your foot and you’re surrounded by first graders. What’s the first word out of your mouth?
Definitely the F bomb. 6 and 7 year Olds should not be left in my company.
- If you could pry the controller out of SqWatts’ hands, what music would we be working out to?
I really want to do a WOD to country music.