Okay, this is going to be a repeat of some various information, so if you happen to be working in the middle night, here are two links just for you:
Okay, now that we’ve got Alice distracted for awhile, let’s talk about this weekend one more time. Some of the details have changed slightly, so be sure to read closely!
Friday, December 13 at 7:00 PM: CFZ’s First Holiday Party
Friday, we’ll have a mostly regular schedule for the folks who just have to get a WOD in. The 6:30 PM class will be cancelled to make room for the 7:00 PM CFZ Holiday Party.
The party’s happening at the gym and will involve:
- A potluck dinner (check the whiteboard at the gym for what people have called dibs on). Paleo is great, but some people haven’t hopped on the bandwagon yet, so consider it more of an “anything goes” potluck.
- A grab bag present thingie. Capped at $20 – one present per person attending so it’s all even and everyone gets to open something up. We’re looking for silly/goofy-style presents here. I heard Kaylyn ask Barb what the rating on the presents could be and Barb said “X,” so beware if you pick Kaylyn’s present.
- Fun and games. As in yard-style games and card games and the like. We’ve got ladderball here and Barb just got her hands on a lotta balls. The Official CFZ Cornhole set is going to have to wait until another day. We’ll also break out the Cards Against Humanity. If you don’t know what that is, the simple answer is it’s your new favorite game ever.
- People dressing however the hell they want. Dress up, dress down, whatever you want to do. There will be no WOD, so don’t worry about messing up nice things if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Bring your family and/or friends along if you’d like, just make sure they have a grab bag present with them.
Saturday December 14 at 9:00 AM: The Merry Fucking Christmas Ugly Sweater MOMP
CrossFit Zenith: Doing what we can to offend the most people. Anyway, our Christmas WOD is going to be our MOMP (Middle of the Month Party) for December. Like before, drag anyone you can to have a fun time. Friends, family, coworkers, random people you met on Black Friday: they’re all invited along. The workout’s free and fun and only has one requirement: everyone has to wear an ugly sweater. Rumor has it, there will be burpees for missing sweaters. Lots of burpees. So hit up the Goodwill while you can and find something hideous to do a WOD in. Afterwards, it’s all hanging out and finishing off whatever didn’t get finished the night before.
Sunday December 15 at 9:30-ish AM: Powerlifting Meet at Far Beyond Driven CrossFit in Shelton
We’ve convinced Mo (after oh so much arm twisting) to compete in her first post-CrossFit powerlifting meet (one for fun, not for official rankings or anything) at our friend Dave Duprey’s gym in Shelton. It’s going to be a great day with a lot of yelling, so let’s get as many CFZ folks in CFZ t-shirts as possible to cheer her on! We’ll toalk logistics at the Holiday Party, but we’ll probably meet at one location and carpool over to the event so we don’t overwhelm the parking lot. We’re gonna wear our CFZ dress grays, so if you haven’t picked up a “Shit Just Got Real” t-shirt, now’s your chance!