August seems to be the busiest month for everyone – last minute day trips, back to school shopping, picnics, outings, etc. We all try to squeeze as much as we can out of each summer day. Here’s a recipe for the crockpot for one of those days when you’ll be on the go from morning till dinner and just don’t want to do take-out again. Throw it all in the slow cooker in the morning, enjoy your day, then have a yummy dinner for you when you get home.
Mango Coconut Chipotle Chicken
- 1 pound of chicken (breasts or thighs).
- 1 can of coconut milk (we use TJ’s light coconut milk)
- 1 large softball sized mango or 2 small mangos. Look for one that is not quite ripe yet, nice and firm.
- 1 tablespoon of dried chipotle flakes.
- Dump your can of coconut milk into your slow cooker.
- Peel your mango and cut it into large and medium cubes.
- Throw your mango cubes along with the mango’s pit into your slow cooker. The meat on the pit will add flavor.
- Cut your chicken into cubes as well. Dump them into your cooker.
- Add your chipotle flakes and stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
This recipe is easy to double or triple to feed a crowd.